Edwards Custom Upgrades – Bite Alarm Review
Edwards Custom Upgrades – ECU MK1 Compacts – Main Features
- Take Indication – The ECU Bite Alarms have 16 adjustable tone settings for take indication, the alarms LED lights also light up to indicate a take. An interesting aspect of these alarms is that they emit a single tone when the sensitivity is turned up. Many anglers look for this feature and few alarms on the market come equipped with it.
Edwards Custom Upgrades – ECU MK1 Compacts – Reciever Features
Edwards Custom Upgrades Bite Alarm Other Features
- Quality – Durable Plastic outer shell with high-quality metal components.
- Batteries – Easy to access battery compartment, and each alarm takes simple to replace 9v Batteries. (Tip: Purchase Quality Lithium Batteries, and they will last many years.)
- They Look Nice – The ECU Alarms look different than most other alarms on the market.
- Locking Collars – One Stainless and One Soft Rubber Locking Collar (washer), this makes setting them up very simple; no more fiddling with two stainless locking collars to line your alarms up. Snug it down to the rubber washer, and give it a turn until it lines up straight and you’re good to go.
- Low Battery Warning – Once your batteries drop below a certain level, the alarms will notify you.
- Lightweight and Compact – These alarms fit in carry bags with no problem. Some alarms can be big and bulky and a pain to transport. This entire set with receiver fits nicely within one compartment of my bivvy bag.
- Isotope Slots – Additional isotope slots on both the alarms and receiver add more customization options for anglers.
- Compatible Port for Illuminated Bobbins – As with many other alarms, the ECU Alarms come with a small 2.5 mm port on the bottom corner. This is for illuminated bobbins or swing arms. A sought-after feature that most anglers must have.
- Removable Snag Ears – The set also comes standard with removable snag ears for each alarm. Although the alarms themselves have a sturdy rod seat, the option for attaching different sized Snag Ears is an added bonus.
The Edwards Custom Upgrades MK1 Compacts Set comes complete with:
- Presentation Case.
- Matching Screwdriver.
- Lots of Spare Screws.
- Spare Snag Ears and Long Snag Ears.
- Spare Speaker Covers.
- Spare Stainless Nurled Locking Collars.
- Spare Rubber O-Rings.
- User Manual.
It’s nice to see a set of alarms that actually comes with spare parts. It can be frustrating to spend hundreds of dollars on a set of bite alarms and then have to shell out more to cover replacement parts and shipping a year or two later.
Edwards Custom Upgrades MK1 Compacts Bite Alarm Pros and Cons
I was quite impressed with the ECU Alarms and had trouble finding the cons for the pros and cons list below. If you’re looking to buy a set they come highly recommended. If you’re looking to get away from mass-produced cookie-cutter alarms made in China this is your chance to support a small UK-based company.
Edwards Custom Upgrades – MK1 Compacts – Bite Alarm Pricing
- Edwards Custom Upgrades – MK1 Compacts at Johnson Ross Tackle.
- Edwards Custom Upgrades – MK1 Compacts at the ECU Website.
If you’re still not sure about this set of alarms and features, be sure to check out the product review from the source in the video below.
Still unsure what set of Bite Alarms is right for you? Check out our Recommended Bite Alarms Section.