Why I chose to use the Aqua Vu HD10i Underwater Camera.
When picking an underwater camera to record my carp angling footage there were many factors to consider. The main reasons I chose an Aqua Vu product were:
- Excellent HD Quality Video.
- 10-inch Anti Glare Screen.
- On-Screen Image Quality Adjustments.
- Ability to View Fish In Real Time.
- Additional port to enable an external power source to be connected.
- Ability to Record Video Through the HDMI Port. (Additional Screen Recording Device is Necessary.)
- Quality construction that will last for years.
- Many additional optional accessories.
- Aqua Vu Continually Adds Features and Accessories to their Products.
I purchased and now use the Aqua Vu HD 10i Underwater Camera. If I was to purchase one today I would go with the Aqua Vu HD7i Pro Model. The 10i unit is a power hog with the large LCD Screen and at the time I didn’t think the additional features of the Pro Unit were worth the added cost. Now, after using it for a few years I could sure use the directional display feature plus extra cord length!
Types of Aqua Vu Underwater Cameras for Carp Fishing.
- Aqua Vu HD10i
- Aqua Vu HD10i Pro
- Aqua Vu HD7i
- Aqua Vu HD7i Pro
Aqua Vu Underwater Camera Features that are Covered Further Below
What Comes in the Box with the Aqua Vu HD 10i Underwater Camera?
- 10 ” LCD Monitor with battery.
- Underwater Camera with 75′ of Cable.
- 2 Anti-Glare Screen Protectors.
- Camera Chargers. 1 A/C and 1 D/C Adapter.
- Padded Aqua Vu Carry Case.
- Camera Cable Adapter to Switch the Angle at which the Camera Views.
What Accessories are Compatible with the Aqua Vu HD and HD Pro Model Cameras?
- XD Trolling Fin
- A must for anyone that is looking to film live strikes behind their bait.
- Aids with keeping the camera pointing in front or behind the boat while moving.
- XD Pole Adaptor
- Great for attaching to any threaded pole to extend your camera reach to look in and around docks or structure.
- When recording from a boat I found the waves to cause issues with the camera bouncing up and down. I mounted a 2-foot threaded pole to a weight that allows the camera to be mounted 2 feet off the bottom without moving.
- Note: This is only the plastic adaptor that goes from the pole to the camera. The pole is not included.
- XD Wiring Kit
- A great addition which I purchased with my camera for hooking it up to my boat and ice fishing hut power sources.
- XD Auxiliary Trolling Weight.
- A must-have item if you plan on recording while trolling.
- XD Light Kit
- I did not purchase this when I bought the camera. I ordered it afterwards as it is required for carp fishing at night. The camera does have an infrared feature but I find it picks up every particle in the water and makes the picture quite cloudy.
- Aqua Vu MO-POD3 Underwater Camera Positioner
- Very handy for positioning and panning the camera while ice fishing.